Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Slayer and Chocolate Milk

Slayer and Chocolate Milk. Everyone craves it at one time or another.

So, it's 6/6/06. I'm in no way superstitious or religious about this day, it just makes me laugh. It's also a great time to discuss evil, the devil etc. Personally, I don't believe the devil exists. If there is a god, would they really have time to sort people into heaven and hell? Nahh. That's just my opinion though.

Anyways, nothing out of order happened to me today. There was no huge crack in the ground, or hellfire or lava or anything. That would've been really bad because I'm behind on my math and I needed to finish a test today. Nobody really talked about it actually. Well. Some people did.

Because it was so nice out today, all the students ate thier lunches in the field. After I was finished, I walked up to talk to my friend. After that I noticed beside me there was a small circle of boys in Iron Maiden t-shirts with long hair beside me. Well, I knew a couple of them so I went over to check what was up. They were all in a circle, with a little portable stereo beside one of them, and a huge chocolate milk carton in the middle. Now, I'm not really educated in metalhead culture, so I was wondering what was going on (half of them were drinking chocolate milk too). Was the milk some kind of omen? I found out from the guy I knew that they had bought the chocolate milk at Husky, and it wasn't a religious symbol or anything (thank goodness). And apparently, the music they were listening to was Slayer.

Sitting in a circle listening to Slayer and drinking chocolate milk.
Very satanic.

George Stroumboulopoulos likes Slayer, I wonder if he's every heard of this chocolate milk thing. I thought that the Hour today was quite appropriate. Funny, and there was only a little god-talk. But what could 6/6/06 be without god-talk?





Anybody else experience some satanic rituals today? (Especially if they involve chocolate milk)


5 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

"Sitting in a circle listening to Slayer and drinking chocolate milk." - oh that's priceless! Scary scary metalheads!

Glad there wasn't too much god-talk on the Hour. I'll be watching it shortly.

hilary m. said...

Just the right amount. And they talk about other religions beside Christianity too. That was nice.

They scare the crap out of me, those metalheads.

hilary m. said...

you know it. I bet, deep down even vegans yearn for milky cowy chocolate milk.

Becky said...

That's precious!
Nothing really happened at my school... we don't have any hard core metalheads here. C'est Dommage.

hilary m. said...

awww.
Our school has a lovely assortment of people.

And a very large metalhead population.