Sunday, November 26, 2006

Weekends are speedy devils

My weekend went by a little too fast. I haven't even caught up enough to finish my math homework. Yesterday I recall waking up late and seeing my friends school play. Then... I believe I spent the rest of the night watching TV. What a dreadful, horrible thing to do. Oh well, first I watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest on APTN. APTN is Aboriginal Peoples Television Network, and I watch this once and a while because if a movie features someone who is aboriginal or partially aboriginal they'll play it. Like Cher movies, they play Cher movies. But last night they were playing Cuckoo's Nest because "Chief" is in it, that is Chief Bromden. I have never seen the movie before, but I just finished the book so it was appropriate timing. This movie was number 1 on my to-see list. Number 2 is My Beautiful Laundrette, does anyone know where I can attain this? Anyways, the movies a bit different from the book. In the book Chief is the narrator and everything that goes on is from his eyes, which makes it very interesting because Chief sees a lot. The book was very good though, it took me a couple days to get through which is a good sign. The movie was also amazing, Jack Nicholson was excellent. The theme of the book crossed over really well into the movie. I never cry in books, and rarely in movies, but for some reason I was really sad at the end when Chief's talking to McMurphy about leaving. I'm going to try to use this book as a base for one of my utopia projects coming up, about "Planned Societies".

After the amazingness that was One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest I watched TLC for about 4 hours. It's a horrible channel, but it's always somewhat interesting. I watched a bit of W too, they had some sort of Johnny Depp theme, with Benny and Joon+Don Juan de Marco but I've seen them both. So then I watched about 2 hours worth of "Little People, Big World" which is easily the most pointless show on TV. If they want to promote tolerance of people who are different, why is there a show about the fact they're dwarfs? But for some reason I kept watching it, maybe it's addictive or something. Remind me never to watch it again, once I was in Vancouver with my mum, and I watched a five episode marathon until 12 o'clock. I worry about myself once and a while. I also am worrying about finishing my math homework (I hate this entire unit), who needs to know about Rational numbers?

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

My Beautiful Laundrette is such a good film. It's been years since I've seen it so I'm not certain where you could find a copy. Have you tried Amazon?

I can't see the point of so many shows on tv and Little People Big World is right up there among shows that perplex me.

hilary m. said...

My parents told me it was pretty good, so I decided to check it out. It's on Amazon, but it'll mean I have to wait until Christmas because my parents will make me recieve it as a present. And Casablanca in Marda Loop doesn't even have it.

Yeah, most of the shows on those Home/Life networks are very odd. But for some reason you can get glued to the channel... it's crazy.