Wednesday, March 21, 2007

art class

I seem to be enjoying this class more than I thought I would. I can't say that I'm a great artist, but it's a relaxing and easy class. It's interesting how I can spend a day stressing out about so many different things and after doing something simple like sketching a picture, it seems to be a lot less of a worry than it was before. Maybe because it's easy and rewarding or uncomplicated. In other classes, it seems you have to motivate yourself to do homework or to study. In art, I seem a lot more motivated to just pick up the pencil and draw. I also like how you can talk to your friends thoughout the entire class, while still drawing (at least I can). My teacher doesn't mind me and the time seems to go very fast. I kind of regret leaving art of my timetable next year, (my options are Photography, C.A.L.M, French and Journalism) but hopefully I'm still motivated to pick it up outside of school.

I also just read Lullabies For Little Criminals, the latest book to win the top prize on CBC's "Canada Reads". It was a very interesting, and engaging read. It's also very tragic, one of those stories with adult characters who are not good role models (I've been reading a lot lately, ex. The Glass Castle). Definitely one of the best books I've picked up in a while.

4 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

That's the beauty of art, that you can easily do it on your own time. Somehow that never seems to happen with math or chemistry.

I really enjoyed Lullabies for Little Criminals as well, and am very happy that it won Canada Reads.

hilary m. said...

I wish I found myself factoring trinomials and solving rational expressions in my spare time, but alas, I'm not able to.

Yes, John K. Sampson is victorious again! I'm glad, I've really liked both his picks so far.

Evelyne said...

You really seem to enjoy arts class! I liked that class too because we could talk! I hope that you'll like your classes next year even if you don't have arts!

I'll have to read that book when the exams are going to be over, it seems really good!

hilary m. said...

Definitely, I think it's good to have a class where you can chill out and talk for a bit, instead of taking notes or listening to the teacher the whole time.